Friday, August 3, 2012

The End...of the start?

Just explaining to my parents all of the amazing times I'd had and the fantastic things I'd experienced made me so DR-sick and I was sure I was going to go into a state of DR depression, however after a few days of getting back into the groove of things and seeing my old friends, I was back to normal. Well.. as normal can be after you've just come back from a three week, life shaping experience in the Dominican Republic. Although life will carry on, I've already made changes in my daily routine, like continuing cold showers, using less water, eating less processed crap and not buying Starbucks ever. again. And although sometimes these memories will be pushed to the back of my mind, they will never be forgotten. I think in the long run, they'll help me figure out what I wanna do, where I wanna go, who I wanna be.  I'm hoping the people I met over there will remain my friends for much longer, and hopefully someday I can return to the DR, because my works not done yet. Not even close.

No comments:

Post a Comment