Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 21: The rest of it... Last Day!!! :'(

We had agreed to wake up at 530 for sunrise on the roof, however come 530 Andrea and I were the only ones not dead to the world. So we climbed up to the rooftop and were joined by Fergie, Patrick and Leonard. We all admired the beautiful sun create silhouettes with the distant palm trees and nearby flower trees and perching birds, the opening to our last day - last few hours - in the Dominican Republic.


 While on the roof top, Fergie, Patrick and Leonard joined us, so I asked Fergs if he'd heard any..peculiar noises earlier that morning. When he answered a flat "no", I argued that he must have, as the chimney connected to his fireplace. I soon learned that, yes it very well did, but Fergie had moved into the boys dorm when Dave's teacher friend Rick had moved into Fergies room... And that Rick had in fact heard all the noises that we'd shouted down the chimney... oops.

Afterwards, I left and fell asleep in our cabin for another hour before waking up at 730am with only one hour left before we'd be bussed to the airport...

Rudy had made us pancakes, so we each got a fluffy circle of goodness before starting our goodbyes. It may have been the lack of sleep I'd gotten in the past 24 hours or the fact that I'm just awful at goodbyes (as well as dancing), but a little ways in, maybe when Jake began to make whale noises while we were hugging, tears began to spring up in my eyes and a lump formed in my throat. These soon turned to floods of salty water works and sobbing, even though I really wasn't that sad (sorry guys..). After making my rounds, Emma and I confessed to Rick about the strange noises he'd heard last night. Luckily he thought it was funny. hahaaa

On the bus ride down, my eyes subsided a bit, and I was able to have a functioning conversation with Rick about Norah Jones and gap years. While waiting for the plane, we all sat at the only restaurant our terminal had, a greasy fast food place. So Hunter, Ben and Ollie shoved fries and hamburguesas down their throats, I drank some coffee and Gabby munched on a grilled cheese, while we waited for our flight. Luckily no delay this time (compared to the arrivals FOUR HOURS), and we made our landing in New York safely and smoothly. It didn't feel real, actually being in America and after our goodbyes (not so teary this time, thank gawdd), mom and I made the long car ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment